- If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) does mac binding with your id (Almost all do).
So in case your old modem/router is no longer usable and If you want to use a new modem then it
will result in authentication failure.
- For "MAC Spoofing" : That is showing you have a different address to what you actually have.
The Steps are:
1.Telnet to your modem/router i.e
- Go to Command prompt and type telnet 192.168.1.1
- Enter your user name and press enter and then the password.
2. A menu will be displayed then type sh a # prompt appears .This lets you into the shell of your router/modem
3.Now to change your ethernet Interface's address you will have to first shut it down so for that
to happen you would have to connect through your usb interface .
4. To View what interfaces are available type ifconfig
5. Assuming that you want to change eth0 interface, type the following sequence of steps :
- ifconfig eth0 down
- ifconfig eth0 hw ether <your mac address>
For example: ifconfig eth0 hw ether 02:10:18:01:00:01
- ifconfig eth0 up